THE BENEFITS OF THIS ARE HUGE:
- More support for our skeletal frame
- Greater metabolic rate leading you to burn more at rest
- Being stronger - enhancing functional fitness and posture
- Increasing bone density and health
WHAT WE NEED TO DO:
- Lift heavy - we need to push ourselves to get the response we desire. You need to work hard!
- 30-45 minute strength-based workouts - max three per week. No long workouts - we want to keep cortisol (stress hormone) levels low and results high.
- Do High Intensity Training - add some plyometrics (jumping) if appropriate for your body. Get out of breath with effort.
- Keep rest periods short during your workout. But have good recovery in-between sessions.
- Add mobility and brain work. Vary your workouts and mix up the equipment used. re:ab has a great variety of other classes to keep your brain engaged as well as your body.
- Do less volume and more intensity in your training. Fit an hour's workout into 30 minutes.
- Fuel properly Eat adequate protein and adequate calories.
- Prioritise sleep
- Increase NEAT non-exercise activity thermogenesis (move more).
WHY DO THIS AT RE:AB?
- Small classes, individual attention - you are not part of a crowd.
- We can modify exercises specifically for you, classes are safe and well-structured.
- We have beginners' classes to get you started.
- Wide range of class times, days and instructors.
- We have a variety of equipment and many other complementary classes for your cross training - pilates, stretch, barre, spin.
- Physiotherapists on site to work with you when needed.